Tuesday, September 28, 2010
Raining earlier this morning... On my way out of the neighborhood on my recumbent trike on wet pavement, I noticed a light mist. I stopped to get my glasses and noticed the mist was gone. It wasn't raining a drop anymore. My tires were throwing up a light mist of worm guts, dirt and other choice ingredients, directly into my face. I think it's time for front fenders.
Wednesday, September 15, 2010
We've been a single car family all spring and summer. The Catrike has been a huge contributing factor. I've been splitting my commuting miles about 50/50 on my red Catrike Expedition and my road bike. The road bike is about 5 minutes faster over my 10 mile commute, but the Catrike is decidedly more fun. I'm approaching 1300 miles this season from commuting alone.
If you ever have any questions about commuting, from equipment to route planning to traffic strategy, please feel free to visit and bend my ear. I love to talk about the commute. In my opinion, riding to work is one of the best ways to stack miles on your bike... or trike.
Saturday, August 28, 2010
What's the name of that bike shop in Old Town? Spin Cycle? Spin City? Spin...? I dunno...it's Spin something...
Since no one could remember the full, correct name of the shop we decided to make it easy.
The bicycle shop in Old Town is now officially known as, SPIN. Plain and simple.
With the new name is a new location!
SPIN is now located right around the corner on Grand River across from the Sir Pizza parking lot. You can't miss it.
We're still in the process of arranging everything, but sales and service are in full swing.
Stop in and check out the new place - it's shaping up to be a beautiful location with all the Old Town charm you'd expect.
206 E. Grand River Ave.
Lansing MI 48906
Monday, April 5, 2010
MON: Noon - 6pm
TUE-FRI: 10:30am - 6pm
SAT: 10am - 4pm
Catrike Blue Jean Commute
Chad has logged almost 200 miles on the Catrike riding back and forth to work.
This is what he says about the Catrike Road, "I can't remember having so much fun on a bike! Here are a few cool things I've learned about riding a Catrike":
- Staying clipped in at stop lights is cool!
- Motorists think you're a unique object and give you LOTS of room while passing
- I can answer cell phone calls with no problem - and even carry on a conversation while sipping my water...all while keeping it on the road
- I'm only about 1mph slower on the Catrike than on my road bike
- It's fabulous to lay back and relax while coasting down hills
- There is absolutely NO way to appreciate this type of trike without taking a serious test ride.
Thursday, February 25, 2010
The Milano Cita is a blast to ride. She's taken us on a handful of trips to the hardware, made a few lunch runs and and has seen both ends of the river trail a few times.
Fenders and a sturdy rack make this bike a perfect commuter, campus cruiser or recreational ride.
Light use has left her in exceptionally good health, very close to showroom condition in fact.
Regular price: $600.00
Demo Sale Price: $399.00
One lucky commuter will own this amazing Rans Hammer Truck.
This is a demo bike with very few miles.
The crank forward model has incredible versatility. Payload capacity is 300 lbs and the rider weight limit is 275 lbs for a total maximum capacity of 575 lbs.
In spite of the huge carrying capacity, the Hammer Truck provides a very efficient ride. It's perfect for cross town jaunts to the city market, fully loaded camp touring or anything in between.
Our Hammer Truck Demo bike is equipped with:
Runner Covers: $80
Orange Sling Bags: $230
Topper Deck: $85
Regular retail as spec'd: $2420.00
Demo Bike Sale price: $1400.00
- Only 30 checkovers will be sold at $45.00 (regular price $65.00).
- Checkover must be booked by March 5th.
- We will install any upgrades and accessories that you purchase from us for no additional labor charge.
- This is a great opportunity to replace a chain or cassette, brake and derailleur wires, brake pads, tires and tubes, or have a new computer installed. How about fenders and a rack for the commuters out there?
- Call the shop to reserve your checkover or to be placed on a short reserve list in case there are any cancellations.